It's been a busy few weeks, and I haven't had much time to blog anything lately. I've sat in on a few good thesis defenses, quit my old job at the warehouse and got a new job as a web developer for a local college website.
I've also received an extension for my wireless simulation project so that has been consuming the majority of my time these days. Assuming all goes well, the project will be done for August 11th, the results will be ready to submit to a conference by September 15th and eventually the paper will result in a Journal publication somewhere down the road.
I've made the decision to try the simulation in the ns-3 simulator rather than sticking with ns-2. I've found ns-3 more suited to wireless network simulation and it is much easier to understand so hopefully I'll be able to work my MAC layer implementation into it. More details on the simulation to follow soon.