After what seems like eternity, I have completed my second (and a half?) qualifying exam document at Guelph. For people who know me, or who have read a bit of my blog, you may know that I am on my third advisor for my PhD. The advisor I came to the University for suddenly passed away and the second advisor after that resigned right before my last QE was supposed to happen. So after starting with my third (and hopefully final) advisor, I decided to start my QE fresh so that it was something I was proud of and confident in before I presented it. For those of you who don’t know, a QE document is a sort of research proposal (<= 50 pages) of the work you intend to do for you PhD. It contains the literature review, motivation and sometimes initial results, as well as the planned methodology for the research.
So anyway, I have completed the document and after several rounds of edits with my advisor it is ready and off to the committee. Here’s hoping I’ll make it to the exam stage this time and pass quickly so I can move on with the real work!
Stay tuned for some posts that are more technical instead of these boring updates on my progress. Now that things are moving along I think I’ll actually have something to post :)